Can someone with a Juno 60 help me out?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
tryan225

Can someone with a Juno 60 help me out?

Post by tryan225 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:59 pm

The PWM slider no longer works on my juno 60. I can change it from LFO to Manual to Envelope, and adjust the LFO and envelopes fine, there's simply just no control over how much PWM I want. It does nothing in manual mode, either. PWM still works in the saved patches, but there's only a couple and they have the same small amount of PWM.

So, I have a big favor to ask anyone who wants to help out. If anyone could make a page(I'm assuming this is all I'd really need) of various basic patches(just square wave, everything else turned down, save for the VCA and Frequency) with varying amounts of PWM applied. So, ideally, the first patch would have the least amount of PWM, then 6 more patches of increasing PWM and then a final patch with the maximum amount of PWM applied. Then, if this kind person could make a backup of these patches and upload it, so that I could load them onto my Juno 60, I would be eternally grateful.

The juno 60 is pretty limited as it stands, but i really like the sound of its PWM and dearly want it back!

Thanks!

Synthaholic
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Motif XS6, TX802, D-550, A6

Re: Can someone with a Juno 60 help me out?

Post by Synthaholic » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Why not just replace the faulty slider? There are places on eBay that have parts for these old synths.
Two VCO: thanks to the push rods, one can choose several forms of waves at the same time!
(from a Babelfish translation of a Jupiter-6 site)

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda

tryan225

Re: Can someone with a Juno 60 help me out?

Post by tryan225 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:29 pm

That is definitely an option I am considering. This seems like a pretty simple and effective workaround until I have the resources/ability to install a replacement.