No CV/Gate from Kenton Pro 2000mkii Aux ports

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Sorcerio

No CV/Gate from Kenton Pro 2000mkii Aux ports

Post by Sorcerio » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:42 am

Is there any reason why my Kenton Pro 2000 mkii aux channels are not putting signals out to my cv/gate synth? It used to work with no problem. All the ports 1-6 seem unresponsive.

I'm trying to control a Sequential Pro One on midi channel 5.

Aux 1 - Receive channel = 5
------V/Oct from notes
------Fine tune = 0
------Scale = 0
------Reset level = 0
Aux 2 - Receive channel = 5
------Gate from notes
------Output Level Cntl min = 0
------Output Level Cntl max = +63

First thing off, the cables are good and do work on the Kenton port A CV/Gate outputs. Cables are properly connected. Kenton Aux 1 to Pro One CV in, Kenton Aux 2 to Pro One Gate in.
The middle mode switch on the Pro One is switched to "Repeat/Ext".

Midi channels are set correctly and the midi led on the Kenton comes on when a midi note is played.

Have tried this on all the Kenton Aux ports, paired as 1&2, 3&4, 5&6.CV odd, Gate even.

What have I set wrong? What am I overlooking?

snod_donkey
Gear: Moog Minimoog - SCI Pro-One - Roland Sh-101 - Yamaha XS6 - Oberheim OB-Xa - Roland TD8 - Evans super Echo Tape Loop - Memeory Man Deluxe

Re: No CV/Gate from Kenton Pro 2000mkii Aux ports

Post by snod_donkey » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:24 am

It could be your not putting the correct gate signal to the pro one. What is the gate output? High or low as i think the pro one has to see a 5 volt high on the gate

When you say it was working... was it working ok on this unit on the aux outputs and not just the a/b outputs?

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Only thing I see different in the manual is Max range for gate is +25 for 5 volts, not +63. Perhaps check the voltages with a multimeter on each jack.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

Sorcerio

Post by Sorcerio » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:36 am

Checking with a multimeter sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if these aux outputs are sending anything... :(

snod_donkey
Gear: Moog Minimoog - SCI Pro-One - Roland Sh-101 - Yamaha XS6 - Oberheim OB-Xa - Roland TD8 - Evans super Echo Tape Loop - Memeory Man Deluxe

Post by snod_donkey » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Just tried these settings as you did

Aux 1 - Receive channel = 5
------V/Oct from notes
------Fine tune = 0
------Scale = 0
------Reset level = 0
Aux 2 - Receive channel = 5
------Gate from notes
------Output Level Cntl min = 0
------Output Level Cntl max = +63

It is working fine for me so i can only assume you have a fault somewhere. Do a factory reset on the Kenton and try again.. other than that :?:

Phollop Willing PA
Gear: Korg, Moog, Roland, Alesis, ARP, Yamaha, Future Retro

Post by Phollop Willing PA » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:03 pm

I've had a similar problem with a Moog Multi-Pedal MP 201. I can't get the MIDI to CV program/patch to get my analogue to work.

I've ordered a Kenton Pro and selling the MP 201 (unless it can prove its worth).
MOOGSig: Voyager/Theremin, ROLAND: JP8000/MC505/MC50/SH1000/Octapad1/RE 20, CASIO VLtone, KORG: Prophecy/MS2000R/Kaos Pad2/D3200/D888/SDD4000/M3, BOSS SP202/DR110, YAMAHA:CS40M/QX7/WX7/QY10/Reface DX, ARP Exp, MACBETH M5, FR ORB, SONNET, ALESIS SR18

adhmzaiusz

Post by adhmzaiusz » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:25 am

Check the fuses. I had mine blow and there was no clock out or anything, then I put a new fuse in and it worked. Happened after I tried a splitter cable....
‹‡›