broken VCF slider on Roland Juno 60

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
adultbraces

broken VCF slider on Roland Juno 60

Post by adultbraces » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:42 pm

hey friends,

i know very very little about synths & synth repair in particular, but today i broke the VCF slider off of my pristine Juno 60. here's what the slider looks like now:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2j4vqrm.jpg

i've found someone who can repair it 2.5 hours away from where i live in north Mississippi, but i can't bear to be without the juno 60 for long as i record with it nearly every day. is this something i can repair myself if i've never opened one of these things up before?

apologies for the "n00b" question, but i'm hoping you guys could give me some insight into the difficulty of repairing the slider myself.... OR... if you knew anyone in memphis, tn who could help me with this, that would be a much shorter drive for me.

thanks!

Synthaholic
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Motif XS6, TX802, D-550, A6

Re: broken VCF slider on Roland Juno 60

Post by Synthaholic » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Does the slider still work, if you stick something in the hole to move the wiper to change the cutoff? That would get you by until you get it repaired/replaced.

Looks like the slider piece is bent, it might be better to just replace the entire slider.

There are places on ebay that have parts for Junos, you should be able to get a replacement slider. Then with some disassembly and soldering you can be back on the road!
Two VCO: thanks to the push rods, one can choose several forms of waves at the same time!
(from a Babelfish translation of a Jupiter-6 site)

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda