Sequential Circuits logo removal help

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
indigobleep

Sequential Circuits logo removal help

Post by indigobleep » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:29 pm

I've noticed that my Pro~One's logo badge under the keys is slightly "out of tune" with the horizontal line of the chassis. I was wondering if there is a safe way to remove the badge in order to stick it back in a more aligned position. Has anyone done that before? The logo seems to adhere to the chassis pretty strong. Thanks for any suggestions.

snod_donkey
Gear: Moog Minimoog - SCI Pro-One - Roland Sh-101 - Yamaha XS6 - Oberheim OB-Xa - Roland TD8 - Evans super Echo Tape Loop - Memeory Man Deluxe

Re: Sequential Circuits logo removal help

Post by snod_donkey » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:59 pm

the logo is made of metal so if you try to remove it they tend to bend and you will never get it back to flat again

Did it myself and fooked it up

devetron

Post by devetron » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:52 pm

Hit it with a hair dryer for a while to try to get the adhesive to loosen up some. To avoid bending it, try using a broad knife (like a wide putty knife) or similar to dig under where the adhesive meets the metal and pry it up slowly, steadily and evenly from bottom to top. It'll spread out the force. Hope that helps.
synths

indigobleep

Post by indigobleep » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Did it myself and fooked it up
Ditto.

I ordered a new plate from Technology Transplant. The order has been "pending" since 2 working days on their website :| I'll give them some more days and if nothing happens, I'll cancel the order and get the plate elsewhere.

RetroSynthAds

Post by RetroSynthAds » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:23 am

I heard that every time a Sequential Circuit logo is removed, somewhere a Prophet 5 dies. :cry:

I have had luck with the hair dryer too. But your mileage may vary.
d**k Martini
If you are bored... check out my blog: http://retrosynthads.blogspot.com

indigobleep

Post by indigobleep » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 am

RetroSynthAds wrote:I heard that every time a Sequential Circuit logo is removed, somewhere a Prophet 5 dies. :cry:
Heh. But my Pro1 looks and feels much better without that logo now. Before I removed it, the synth looked really cheap with the badly aligned badge. I will get a proper replacement, though.