Matrix 6 voice issue

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
westbethkid
Gear: Juno60 SC Six-Trak, Korg Polysix N364 DW-8000 OB Matrix 6 Roland MC-303 SP-202 SP-808 RS09 Yamaha Q-Chord Etherwave Theremin

Matrix 6 voice issue

Post by westbethkid » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Hey forum–
:help:
I have a Oberheim Matrix 6 that I was playing yesterday– and noticed that one of the voices is louder and more trebly than the others. In the patch name display, little moving dots under the patchname indicate which voice is being used, so I can see that whenever I hit that certain note/voice.
Happened out of nowhere... :dontknow:
it definitely stands out and makes the chords lopsided, especially the incredible pads this thing has...
Has anybody seen this before? What should I do?
buy low stay high

BluMunk
Gear: RD700GX
Korg M3-61/Radias
Dave Smith PER
Virus Snow
FS1R
JV-2080/Xpanded
D-550
Matrix 6R
Proteus
QSR
Band: Sneezeguard

Re: Matrix 6 voice issue

Post by BluMunk » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Mine has the same issue; a few of the voices are pretty anemic compared to the others. I wish I had a tech around here that wasn't a 7-hour drive away.

garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Re: Matrix 6 voice issue

Post by garranimal » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:45 pm

One thing to try is download the service manual and perform the software calibrations. It will also help in locating any recurring causes for issues such as oscillator, DAC, Filter, etc. Also be sure your internal RAM battery is in good order and your sounds are backed-up.