adding more roms

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
benm

adding more roms

Post by benm » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:03 pm

I bought the Vintage pro used and I'm sure it has only the stock roms in it. I was wondering how you can tell and what other roms you could install. I would like to expand my sounds but can't find to much info on it. Thanks!

gordwiebe
Gear: motif ES rack +cards, alesis fusion, E-MU PX7 + cards, siel MONO

Re: adding more roms

Post by gordwiebe » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:27 am

all the ROMs available info can be found here: http://www.vintagesynth.com/emu/vintagepro.php
and, a little searching of these forums, harmony central or yahoo groups will get you a lot of info on the emu proteus series as well.
to check what ROM you have: move the curser to the top right of the display which will either read "USER" or "VROM" - scroll through these and see if any other ROM codes come up!

benm

Post by benm » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:57 am

I saw this page. How many can i fit into the vintage pro. All if i desire or am i limited.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:35 am

benm wrote:I saw this page. How many can i fit into the vintage pro. All if i desire or am i limited.
You should read the page too, it has the answer to your question on it.

benm

Post by benm » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:24 am

its says it has 1,536 presets... hmmm seems like maybe 500ish to me before it start looping back to zero as far as stock sounds goes. (000-128^0) (000-128^1) (000-128^2) (000-128^3) which is around 512
Am I missing something? It didn't come with instructions so I'm working with trial and error. Is there a way to access mutliple presets within each instrument beside just tweaking the 12 different parameters on the front?

So I can add 3 more 32 roms huh. Sweet. I do a lot of hip hop and R&B and techno type stuff. Looking to expand my bass and synths and possibly strings/orchastra sounds. How would I be able to hear the different sounds that the roms provide.

I'm thinking

Pure Phatt 32 MB ROM
Techno Synth Construction Yard - OR -X-Lead
Siedlaczek Orchestra

I also have a motif es rack too.

It would be really nice to be able to hear sound samples playing by themselves to get an idea before making a purchase.

As far as sound quality... Nothing is touching E-mu stuff especially no software. Love the richness of these sounds! Great product!

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:49 pm

benm wrote: It didn't come with instructions so I'm working with trial and error.
You should be able to get the manual here:
http://www.creative.com/emu/support/downloads/legacy/

Ya Emu did great sounds. I still have their library loaded into Kontakt.