Memorymoog No sound

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
cutoffres

Memorymoog No sound

Post by cutoffres » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi,
there is no sound from my memorymoog and when AUTOTUNE it says "0 Voice tuned" :
-is it normal to get no sound from a voice when this voice is not tuned ?
-have you ever had the "0 voice tuned" ? And what did you do to repair and get all the voices back ?
Thanks a lot for the help

waveterm
Gear: A lot more than you

Re: Memorymoog No sound

Post by waveterm » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:22 am

I´m certainly no expert on Memorymoogs but,

0 TUNED means that the computer inside the Memorymoog could not tune any of the 6 voices. This explains why there is no sound. It is meant to be like this.

What the cause for this is could be many things......nothing one can know without opening the Memorymoog and doing some measuring inside.

You will need to take it to a tech. And a good one.

WT
Just a guy with a bunch of blue things.......now, move on !

garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by garranimal » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:07 am

I used to have a Memorymoog, but no expert myself either. Any voices that can't tune will still, normally, sound unless you disable them using the service codes. All voices normally are enabled on power-on. That said, it appears some issue is preventing the voices from sounding. I would suspect the voice boards are not getting the CV as that might be something that both key-on and autotune routines have in common. Yes, a trip to a qualified synth tech would seem necessary.

cutoffres

Post by cutoffres » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:01 pm

thanks,
0 TUNED means that the computer inside the Memorymoog could not tune any of the 6 voices. This explains why there is no sound. It is meant to be like this...
...You will need to take it to a tech. And a good one.
i'v got scope, multimeter and some skills, and the memory is open under my eyes.

suspect the voice boards are not getting the CV as that might be something that both key-on and autotune routines have in common
Thant is what i suspect, but don't find the suspected ic or connector...

I've checked the voices boards ,
The cem3340 are ok, waveform are present , the cem3360 VCA inputs receive signal. But no change when using the keyboard. So it looks like you're right : the OSC VCA and filter chips do not seems to receive CV.
I've to check signal from KEYBOARD to the VCO to find the problem. Any help is welcome.
Thanks

sam
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by sam » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:44 pm

I feel the problem is on the DEMUX board..
Lam memorymoog.Sonic six.Vp330 mk1.SH101.OSCar.ARP odyssey..multivox mx3000.Solina stringsynth.polivox
ms20/50.Andromeda. OBX.
Prophet 5 Pro-one. Wasp.EMS AKS.

garranimal
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by garranimal » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:35 pm

The digital board is also in the path between the keyboard and the DMUX, so a possibility of issues lie there as well.