Stand solutions for smaller modules

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
factorplayer
Gear: Korg MS2000
Roland SH-32
Roland Juno-60
Taurus 3!

Stand solutions for smaller modules

Post by factorplayer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:14 pm

So, I have been going around in circles trying to find a decent stand setup for what I need. The main detail is that I while traditional stands are great for most keyboards, I have some synth modules like Roland SH-32 and such that don't fit well or at all.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a modular stand that holds both keyboards and can support smaller gear like modules and laptops? that is really what I need.

syntheticsolutions
Gear: Rhodes 78 Mk2, Jupiter 4, Juno 6, VP-330, Prophet 600, Pro-One, CS-30, Polysix, MonoPoly, MaxiKorg, Opus 3, Machinedrum
Band: Lunar Modular

Re: Stand solutions for smaller modules

Post by syntheticsolutions » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Traditional sheet music stands are brilliant for the likes of drum machines, moogerfoogers, desktop synths etc.

They are variable it height and angle so can be very convenient in a cramped studio space
Replicants are like any other machine, they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, its not my problem.

phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Post by phesago » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Music stand? Brilliant.

Laptop stand work well too. I have my 808 on one of the ones with screw down parts, works well too. Too bad they cost more than 20 bucks *eyeroll*

pmanderson
Gear: RS7000, Motif XS6, Virus Indigo II, Volca Bass, Volca Keys, K Station, CZ-1, TX81Z, Matrix 1000, BCR2000, Ensoniq ESQ-1, Electribe EMX1, Prophet 08

Post by pmanderson » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:53 am

A frame stands.
Not cheap but flexible once you get all the accessories.
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/6771473-post46.html

https://www.google.com/search?q=a+frame ... 4&bih=672#

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:07 am

I went with a Quiklok LPH-001 to hold up either a laptop as portable DAW or to hold up my MPC1000. I sometimes see them on sale for $40 and they are extremely sturdy. Only bummer is it only tilts about 30 degrees on one side, whereas the other tilt direction is less than 10 degrees.
I've been using a music stand, purchased for about $50 plus tax, to hold either my Access Virus b or the TB303 & TR606 as a pair. It can also fit 2 or 3 foogers nicely.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.