JV1010 won't boot--options?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
code green
Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

JV1010 won't boot--options?

Post by code green » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:41 am

Happy New Year all!

My JV1010 stopped receiving MIDI from my controller; when I turned it off and then on again, the initial "Roland" started to scroll across the screen but stopped at "lan," where it seems to freeze every time now. Is there some alternate way to boot this module (e.g., some combination of buttons held down when powering on)...an,if so, then what? My thought was to initialize to factory settings but then again, it's not as if I've ever altered the factory settings.

Does it sound as if it's kaput or does anyone have any thoughts as to potential diagnoses/fixes? What gives this problem a certain urgency is the fact that my g.f. uses it (paired with a weighted-key controller) for voice and piano lessons.

Many thanks in advance for any help anyone's able to offer.