Moog Opus 3 Foot switch Jack

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
syntheticsolutions
Gear: Rhodes 78 Mk2, Jupiter 4, Juno 6, MS-10, CS-15, Opus 3, Machinedrum, RE-501, Roland Rack
Band: Lunar Modular

Moog Opus 3 Foot switch Jack

Post by syntheticsolutions » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:16 pm

So I went to plug my Moog EP2 into my Moog Opus 3 and the Foot switch port on the Opus seems to be smaller than a 1/4" Jack but larger than a 1/8" Jack.

I am unaware of any other universally used Jack socket. Was this a specific Moog configuration to be used with their older expression pedals?
Last edited by syntheticsolutions on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Replicants are like any other machine, they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, its not my problem.

Carey M
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Re: Moog Opus 3 Foot switch Jack

Post by Carey M » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 pm

syntheticsolutions wrote:So I went to plug my Moog EP2 into my Moog Opus 3 and the Foot switch port on the Opus seems to be smaller than a 1/4" Jack but larger than a 1/8" Jack.

I am unaware of any other universally used Jack socket. Was this a specific Moog configuration to be used with their older expression pedals?
It's a 3/16" jack. Polymoog used one of those for sustain pedal input as well. Very annoying. You're best bet is to replace it with a regular 1/4" jack. 3/16" jack plugs can still be found (they were used in old telephone switch boards, military equipment, etc.), but I'd still change it.

- CM