Sending Sysex to my Juno 6 with CHD Midi

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
laserboy

Sending Sysex to my Juno 6 with CHD Midi

Post by laserboy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:12 pm

hi
i need some help, im a beginner and i purchased a Juno 6 with a Chd Midi Kit built in.
i have no knowledge about sysex and have never done anything like this before..
Now after 2 days research i created a sysex nr with the chd software sysex generator and dont know how i can send this to my synth to change the Juno´s arp from intern to midiclock..?
i do have a Pc with ableton and cubase sx....

cornutt
Gear: 6th

Re: Sending Sysex to my Juno 6 with CHD Midi

Post by cornutt » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Not quite sure what you're asking, and I'm not familiar with the Chd software. Does it actually send the sysex string, or just generate it? If the latter, you will have to copy it and then paste into Ableton or Cubase. There must be a mechanism in those software packages that allows you to insert a sysex string into a sequence, but since I don't use either of them, I will have to defer to someone who knows.
Switches, knobs, buttons, LEDs, LCD screens, monitors, keys, mice, jacks, sockets. Now two joysticks!

laserboy

Post by laserboy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Its generating the Sysex string..
but i dont know how to send it to the Synth

laserboy

Post by laserboy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:56 pm

Anybody knows how to do it in Cubase or so ..?

madmarkmagee
Gear: King Korg
ESQ-1
Reface DX
Microbrute
Shruthi-1
Pittsburgh System-1
Juno 106 (needs work)

Post by madmarkmagee » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:07 pm

That depends on whether cubase sends sysex or not. edit skimmed over previous posts.

Do you have like a midi implementation guide or anything? Surely there is a manual for the mod with these things explained? Google is your friend. You could try sending a few commands with midi ox and see what happens? (Its free, google it) Admittedly all I've ever managed or tried to do with sysex is send/receive patch banks. And tried to control Juno 106 slider movements from my Daw. (Gave up on that one.)

BigBlackWave

Post by BigBlackWave » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:49 pm

cornutt wrote:you will have to copy it and then paste into Ableton or Cubase. There must be a mechanism in those software packages that allows you to insert a sysex string into a sequence, but since I don't use either of them, I will have to defer to someone who knows.
I can tell you that Ableton is a no-go with Sysex. Logic, Cubase, Sonar and Reaper (and I'm sure more) will pass SysEx. I'm pretty confident there may be some Max4Live methods of getting around that limitation, but Ableton/Live filters out SysEx. A shame, but a fact. Any news on whether Version 9 remedies this, finally?

To address the question, I don't have current Cubase experience, but in theory it should just be as simple as creating a MIDI track and an audio track, or an external instrument track - and assigning the i/o appropriately. Whether or not you're successfully generating the correct/appropriate SysEx strings, I have no idea.