Stupid Korg Z1 question

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
vicd
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Blofeld, Formanta (EMS01, Maestro, Mini), Fusion 8HD, JD800, Morpheus, MP7, Plugiator, TG77, TOM1501, TR626, UltraProteus, V-Synth XT
Band: ROBOPOP

Stupid Korg Z1 question

Post by vicd » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Ok, so the machine had all that MOSS and physical modelling and many more inside.

So the question: is there a General Midi bank of patches for Z1? Like, pianos and chromatic percussion done using one phys.model, organs with another, strings with "bowed string" one, then go the modelled brass/reed/flutes, guitars/bass with "plucked string" model; and then the synthi stuff, noises and FX made with analog modelling ? Not talking of drums on ch.10 yet...

I don't like the drums, but the drums like me!

calyx93
Gear: PPG Wave 2.2, Waldorf μWave x3, Roland JP6+V-Synth, SCI P5+600, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K-3

Re: Stupid Korg Z1 question

Post by calyx93 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 pm

No :)
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud

guillermotin

Re: Stupid Korg Z1 question

Post by guillermotin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Unfortunately, no. The Z1 does not have the General Midi bank...

But, on the other hand, it's perfectly possible to program an entire bank of sounds and organize them in the same way as a General Midi would be. Only with a few drawbacks: 1) The Z1 can't do acoustic pianos at all - but can do many sorts of electric pianos and organs. 2) It also can't do percussion multisamples, like a drum kit, for example. The closest thing would be if you programmed each patch with a percussion sound using its engine, but I think that would be pointless...

Now, for the other sounds you mentioned - Strings, Brass, Reeds, Flutes and Fx - the Z1 would shine.

Cheers