Alesis Fusion Sequencer Question

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
rhyder

Alesis Fusion Sequencer Question

Post by rhyder » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:26 am

What is the current state of the sequencer on the Alesis Fusion? I'm finding it a bit difficult to Google for this because a most of the reports relate to the early, buggy version of the operating system. I haven't been able to find any close-up videos of the sequencer in use.

My current main setup involves MIDI modules and synths, mostly using Cubase as the sequencer. Unfortunately, I can't always get to that gear, so I was thinking of getting a workstation as a second setup. On the computer sequencer, I'm not much of a power user. I normally build up a small measure, such as a drum beat or a bass line, and repeat that through the arrangement. Most of my music follows a verse/chorus/verse/chorus arrangement.

As far as I can see, all I need is quantise and the ability to repeat a pattern that I have edited. Step editing and note correction/delete would be nice too. Being able to add a bit of audio would be the icing on the cake. Once the tune it written, I can always connect back up to my main rig to bring the other gear in to play. Can the Fusion export a MIDI file? What I'm really looking forward to is a nice, simple set up that I can use with headphones, at night without worrying about drivers and loose cables.

Could the Fusion do this?