Kawai Q80EX and Roland SP404

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
salwa

Kawai Q80EX and Roland SP404

Post by salwa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:03 pm

I'm trying to set a live setup, which consists Novation KS Rack, MAudio Oxygen keyboard, Kawai Q80EX and Roland SP404 - it contains my drum tracks (long waves, not individual samples). The thing is, that when the first thing Q80 has to do is to start a sample, it could not start it in time - drum track is always off-sync with synth (a little late). Problem could be resolved by putting an empty bar in front of song (everything is synced then), but in one song I have to start seqencer and change pattern in my Boss looper in the same moment. So now I have to start sequencer earlier and pray, that drums start in the same moment as previous loop ends - and rarely I manage do it right. My question is - does anyone encountered similar problem? Maybe there are some settings in QE80 which have to be set right? At first I thought it could be my MIDI set-up - Roland was fed through MIDI THRU in KS Rack, but I've changed it and now Roland is connected to the second MIDI OUT of QE80. Timing seems better, but still off-sync. It probably isn't SP404's fault, as it worked perfectly when there was computer in place of QE80.
Casio CZ-1, Elektronika EM-25, Yamaha TX81Z, Roland JV-2080, Novation KS-rack, Korg Poly 800, Casio SK-1, Casio SK-8, Vermona E-piano, Akai S2000, Roland SP 404, Roland TR 505, Yamaha MR 10, Yamaha RX 5 and more
https://www.facebook.com/DOMmusicpl