Help programming Moody Blues"Best Way To Travel" on MiniMoog

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Mac Moog
Gear: ARP 2600, Alesis A6 Andromeda, Mellotron 4000D, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg MS-10/20/700s, Kurzweil PC3K, Oberheim Matrix 12, Yamaha CS-60/AN1x

Help programming Moody Blues"Best Way To Travel" on MiniMoog

Post by Mac Moog » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Hi, I'm hoping someone has some ideas on how to accomplish this. On the link below:

At 1:10 through 1:31

and again at

2:42 - 3:00

there is a beeping tone that you hear that literally orbits your head. It's the high pitched panned sound that orbits left, right, front to back and so forth.

I have a MiniMoog Voyager and currently have a reasonable attempt, but it's not quite it. I'm using Oscillators 1 & 2 very high, say 1' and 2', adjusted in volume, then using the filter controls to simulate the timbre, and the Oscillator 3 in LFO mode with Triangle to create the modulation, then using the VX-351 CV Output to take the LFO to the panning control. Resonance is down all the way, and just doing this with the OSC1&2.

I very much would appreciate someone taking a listen and offering any opinions that I may use to improve my existing patch to recreate this sound.

Thank you very much

Mac
Last edited by Mac Moog on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Moog
Gear: ARP 2600, Alesis A6 Andromeda, Mellotron 4000D, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg MS-10/20/700s, Kurzweil PC3K, Oberheim Matrix 12, Yamaha CS-60/AN1x

Re: Help programming Moody Blues"Best Way To Travel" on Mini

Post by Mac Moog » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:24 pm

Thanks anyway, I found it. It was a square wave LFO on OSC3 and turn off OSC2, then just add some effects.