BULK dump Roland JP 8000

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Jaaron

BULK dump Roland JP 8000

Post by Jaaron » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi,

I have been using my Roland JP-8000 with much enjoyment for couple of years now...and as with everything electric now my internal batteries starting to run out...time to replace the old once...
Now I have a pretty simple question (yes not all synthesizer players are great technicians :)) about my stored data.
If I want to keep my User data I have to save all my presets on an external device...I have never done this before...so my question is: I want to store my User presets on my computer, can annybody tell me which program I can best use (free software?)?

Thanx! Aaron

White
Gear: Quite a few synths

Re: BULK dump Roland JP 8000

Post by White » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:56 am

It's a long time since I wrote this description.

Connect a midi lead from the midi out of your midi card to the midi in on your machine, making sure that the memory protect function on your synth is turned to off and that data transfer is possible. Please refer to your user manual on how to do this. On some synthesizers there is no write protect switch. Again, please refer to your manual. Also ensure that you allow sysex dumps to be carried out. To do this, (again I am using Cubase VST for this example) use the mouse or the touchpad on you computer, click on “Options” at the top of the screen, scroll down to “Midi Setup”, click on “Filtering” and un-tick “System” in both the “Record” and “Thru” windows.

I hope this helps.
Duncan J. White + quite a few synths
http://www.myspace.com/stickman76590059

Tek

Re: BULK dump Roland JP 8000

Post by Tek » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:15 pm

'winjplib' is free from Roland it is all over the web. Follow the instructions in the above post.
Reason 6.5 and a bit of hardware.