Insert effects with a Mackie 1604 VLZ3?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
john909kid
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Insert effects with a Mackie 1604 VLZ3?

Post by john909kid » Sun May 19, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to set up an effects unit (MPX1) with a Mackie 1604 VLZ3, so that I use it's effects as inserts. I already have a Quadraverb set up on the VLZ3 using "AUX send" and "stereo returns" which is the ideal way for reverb, delay effects. But I want to use the MPX1's chorus, modulation and pitch effects, which are best dealt with as inserts.
I cant seem to work out the VLZ3 to set this up. On each of the 16 channel ins there is a single input marked "insert" which I guess is a good indication I need this. But its only the one socket.

Any one know how to do this please?

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Re: Insert effects with a Mackie 1604 VLZ3?

Post by Z » Sun May 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Mixer channel insert points use a phone cable with TRS (tip, ring and sleeve) leads that plug into the mixer and the other end of the cable has 2 standard phone plugs: one for the send (plug into FX's input) and the other for receive (FX's output).

I'm pretty sure the Mackie's manual explains this. Mackie manuals are very well written.