Alesis QS6.2 tuning issues

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Debasahh

Alesis QS6.2 tuning issues

Post by Debasahh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:14 pm

i got myself an alesis QS6.2 years ago, i believe its the newest of the quadrasynth line. decent for key sounds and the odd pad, but way more comprable to stage piano than a legit synth.

anyways the thing is out of tune by like a quarterstep, ive scoured the manual and i am 99% there is not anything in there mentioning fine tuning, only halfsteps. i feel like there has to be a way to fix this, maybe with the pitchwheel, but i am not sure.

if anyone has experience with this issue, i could definitely use some advice before i sell this thing!

rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Re: Alesis QS6.2 tuning issues

Post by rhino » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:32 pm

Welcome to the board!

Page 29
Fine Tuning:

Press {EDIT] {GLOBAL]
Page 2
PARM: Master Tune -99 to +99

Programming from the buttons is a real pain. Get a software editor and dig into what these boards can do!
Yeah, real knobs would be nice, but you can still get analog-style richness - with work.

PS. Don't be surprised in one of the Moderators moves this post to the "HELP" section.

PPS. Were you using MIDI? Something may have sent a pitch-bend signal to the QS. You might need to do a reset.
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius

stich

Post by stich » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:06 pm

The QS went to an 8.2 version I believe. I have the 7.1. I'm glad I read this thread, as I had completely forgotten that it had a serial port. That just might make me go get an adapter and try editing something on this synth.

Debasahh

Post by Debasahh » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:47 pm

rhino wrote:Welcome to the board!

Page 29
Fine Tuning:

Press {EDIT] {GLOBAL]
Page 2
PARM: Master Tune -99 to +99

Programming from the buttons is a real pain. Get a software editor and dig into what these boards can do!
Yeah, real knobs would be nice, but you can still get analog-style richness - with work.

PS. Don't be surprised in one of the Moderators moves this post to the "HELP" section.

PPS. Were you using MIDI? Something may have sent a pitch-bend signal to the QS. You might need to do a reset.
thank you for the reply! and mods feel free to move this to wherever it applys. this is my first post on here so i am a bit unsure of the rules

anyways the master pitch on the QS is set at 00, so is the fine tune. how would i go about a global reset?

i like this synth but not being able to tune it really bugs me when i use it with other musicians.

and i would check out the software editing if a PCMCIA card wasnt so expensive. if i cant get this issue settled im probably going to sell this and pick up a waldorf blofeld.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Would a PC card adapter work? About $15 on ebay. Then you can use SD cards. I do that on my V Synth.

rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Post by rhino » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:10 am

"...how do I do a reset?"

Make sure the mod wheel in fully down and the pitch bend wheel in centered - I know it's spring-loaded, but it can stick.

With power OFF, hold down buttons "0" and "3" while powering ON.
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius