Midi Note On to Midi Clock Source

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
FrankenZappa

Midi Note On to Midi Clock Source

Post by FrankenZappa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:54 am

So I recently got into Eurorack and I've been having a blast manually triggering sequencers with the gate signal from my Minibrute.

I'd like to do something similar with my Monomachine and manually cycle through the 16 step sequencer note by note with midi note on messages.

Any Ideas how to do it?

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Midi Note On to Midi Clock Source

Post by meatballfulton » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:16 am

So the MonoMachine sequencer has no mode where it advances a single step on an incoming MIDI note? Some sequencers do, DSI Evolver comes to mind.

I've never seen a way to generate a single MIDI clock msg from an incoming note, which is what I guess you are asking for.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

FrankenZappa

Post by FrankenZappa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:25 am

Yeah I haven't found that mode in the manual. I'm determined to get this working though.

Just had a thought: if Midi Clock runs at 24 pulses per rhythmic quarter note, what if I were to have a keyboard trigger 6 audio pulses and run that audio through my innerclock sync-gen?

I'm gonna try this out tomorrow when I get home. I'll post results.

FrankenZappa

Post by FrankenZappa » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Success!
1. Download the 964 click wav file from Innerclock's website and load it in my Machinedrum on two rom machines.
2. Rout them to the sync-gen's start/stop and clock inputs with each rom machine on its own output.
3 Set the rom repeat setting to 6 for the clock and infinite for the start/stop.

the sequencer moved one step every time I triggered the rom machines.
If there is a pause in the start/stop rom machine transmission, the Monomachine seems to reset.
Furthermore, if the start/stop in not re-triggered with in a few seconds, the Monomachine will fall back to its
internal tempo and sequencer will begin to play unintentionally.