controlling a multitimbral synth with maschine as a vst

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
bluntedcircuit
Gear: machinedrum, mpc1000, blofeld, maschine, kp3, esq1, ms20, ableton

controlling a multitimbral synth with maschine as a vst

Post by bluntedcircuit » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:47 am

i am trying to control a blofeld modules 16 parts from my maschine as a vst hosted within ableton

i have an instance of maschine that i want to have dedicated to controlling and sampling my blofeld, the idea being:
- my usb keyboard goes to ableton
- the channel in ableton that the blofeld maschine is set up has the midi set to the keyboard and the monitor set to in
- ableton has multiple channels dedicated to receiving the midi from maschine
- ableton has 2 audio channels dedicated to routing the blo's 2 outs to 2 of the blo maschine's ins
- maschine has 16 parts in group "A" set to midi out to corresponding channels
- the blofeld has a multi loaded with 16 different patches assigned to 16 channels

now the problem is that both the maschine pad surface AND the keyboard trigger all sounds across all channels despite what i feel was a thorough separation of assigned pads/channels. i have found one work around but really it defeats the purpose of using maschine to control the blofeld when ive got hardware that at least more closely gets at what im trying to do.

whats worse is i cant tell if this is the result of maschine's failings as a midi sequencer as a vst with in ableton or if this might be a midi bug with the blofeld. any input on the subject would be appreciated

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: controlling a multitimbral synth with maschine as a vst

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:18 pm

In Ableton what are your MIDI channel settings on each track assigned to the Blofeld? The default is to respond to all MIDI on any channel!
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

bluntedcircuit
Gear: machinedrum, mpc1000, blofeld, maschine, kp3, esq1, ms20, ableton

Post by bluntedcircuit » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:02 am

Each midi track was assigned its own output channel corresponding to the track number - one of the reasons this problem was driving me nuts. The channels setting were set to receive midi from that instance of maschine and then routed out the hardware midi out on the maschine controller with the appropriate channel

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Post by ninja6485 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:11 am

Not sure if this is what you're describing, but if all of the channels are set to receive from the same source, obviously that source would trigger them all... It can't be that simple of a problem though. Make sure nothing that's receiving is set to receive in omni mode (any channel)
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...