Juno 106 oscillator question.

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
upyoursmate

Juno 106 oscillator question.

Post by upyoursmate » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:58 pm

I can't figure out which oscillator which is causing a long wave of slightly change in frequency, when playing. Could it be something caused by the DCO?

Regards, Morten.

AK79
Gear: RolandSH09, RolandSH2, Korg PS6, Korg700S, SolinaStringEnsemble, MFOS SoundLabUltimate, YamahaDX7, YamahaCS01,SielOpera6, Korg Mono/Poly,OberheimOB8

Re: Juno 106 oscillator question.

Post by AK79 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:39 pm

put the Juno into Test Mode :

press & hold Key transpose and power on the synth

then press Poly 2. the number of the voice played will now be displayed when you hit a key. This helps figuring out which voice has a problem.

The DCO consists of one Master Oscillator (same for all voices) and two timers (each doing 3 voices). If one voice is out of tune, the problem may be there or in the D/A circuit which provides the CV coming from the keyboard or MIDI.

hope that helps a little.

cheers
Arne

cornutt
Gear: 6th

Re: Juno 106 oscillator question.

Post by cornutt » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:23 pm

In my experience, the DCO timing ICs rarely fail, so if it's only one voice that's out of tune, I'd look elsewhere first. Does the out-of-tune voice sound like it has a different timbre than the rest? It could be a VCF that is out of calibration and has way too much resonance.
Switches, knobs, buttons, LEDs, LCD screens, monitors, keys, mice, jacks, sockets. Now two joysticks!