Sound diver Software for Mac

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Sound diver Software for Mac

Post by rob_lee » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi i'm looking for a sound diver software for mac. I bought an Access Virus Indigo 2 Red Back yesterday but the guy informs me there's no software with it. Any ideas where i can pick this up for mac?

Quote from Sound on Sound
Included with the Indigo 2, the bundled Sound Diver software should provide a powerful means for editing sounds and for creating custom libraries
The seller said he hasn't got the software :-(

Many thanks

Rob

commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Re: Sound diver Software for Mac

Post by commodorejohn » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:11 pm

As near as I can gather, Sound Diver was taken over by Apple and subsequently buried; I haven't found a place to download it...
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 am

commodorejohn wrote:As near as I can gather, Sound Diver was taken over by Apple and subsequently buried; I haven't found a place to download it...

Hi mate thanks a lot for the info.

Rob

silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Post by silikon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:49 am

I'll check tomorrow to see if I still have my copy and PM you.

That said, it will likely cause you problems as I believe it was written to work on PPC Macs, not Intel. There exist beta versions out on the internet that require an XSKey from older versions of logic.

You might want to look into midi quest...it's actively being developed and supports a boatload of devices. Not free, but I think besides Sound Tower editors (none for Access synths) they're the only active applications. There exist plenty of librarian applications like Elektron C6 and Sysex Librarian, but they don't allow editing. I'm guessing you want Sound Diver for editing purposes, mainly...

http://www.squest.com/Products/MidiQuest11/index.html

Hope that helps, mate.
echo 1 > /dev/awesome

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:30 pm

Thanks mate.

I'll check out sound tower too cause i got the mopho x4 editor there.

Rob

NostalgicSoundsGuy
Gear: Roland MKS-50, Kawai Q80EX, Korg Volca Sample, Korg Volca FM, Korg Wavestation SR
Band: Dire Configurations

Post by NostalgicSoundsGuy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:03 am

Don't use Midiquest, especially on a Mac. It's the worst editing software out there. It contains lots of bugs and shoddy/non-existent support from the developer. You're better off learning (with lots of time and patience) how to make a panel with Ctrlr or menu diving through your synth's interface.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:03 pm

FIrstly- why would you need an editor for a VA festooned with knobs? I think the answer is that the Virus UI is a bit lacking. On all of their synths. Personally I much preferred the UI on Nords, Alesis Ion, Korg MS2000 and all of the Novation synths (bought a KS rack in the end). Even the Moog Little Phatty is better. The Alesis Andromeda was awesome, but too expensive :)

Secondly, I strongly disagree about Midiquest. IME it is actually very well supported on Mac. Any issues I had were solved straight away with updates. Support could not have been more helpful- even helping me out with RTFM stuff! There is a very wide range of support, and they do an excellent job of keeping up with some odd interpretations of sysex (e.g. Roland D50).

Try the demo for yourself and see what you think.

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Subliminal Sea

Post by ninja6485 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 pm

Isn't the indigo 2 a virus TI model? It uses the total integration VST system link. You might be able to get it free from the Access website. I don't know Mthry, I think the Virus TI has a pretty decent UI. Wanting an editor and needing an editor are two different things!
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Subliminal Sea

Post by ninja6485 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Rats, I think that came before the TI! If it makes you feel any better though, I found this on the sound on sound article:

"Included with the Indigo 2, the bundled Sound Diver software should provide a powerful means for editing sounds and for creating custom libraries. However, the copy included with the review model did not recognise the Indigo 2, and treated it as a Virus Rack running Virus OS 4.xx. This meant that it lost the ability to edit all the new parameters and routings within OS 5. In other words, it was all but useless. What's more, there is (as I write this in late August) no update available on the Access web site. Come on chaps... get your act together!"
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

noiseg33k
Gear: Stuff

Post by noiseg33k » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:12 pm

http://www.ugoaudio.com/fizmo/

That website has a sound diver download for mac, or is it specific to the individual instruments only?

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:47 pm

noiseg33k wrote:is it specific to the individual instruments only?
Fizmo only and it's for OS 9 to boot.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.