Desktop fm synth

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Nils

Re: Desktop fm synth

Post by Nils » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:23 am

That Preen looks interesting. Maybe the one that fits your bill the best.

The Elektron Monomachine has some really nice FM algos that you can create Yamaha FM-style sounds with.
Everything on that unit can be done in real time. It's not as deep as any of Yamaha FM machines, but great sounding, fun and fairly intuitive. The mk1 desktop unit is affordable these days.

Modcan is working on a Yamaha FM-style euromodule called 4operator. Real through-zero FM with knobs and memories! Afaik it's monophonic in its standard operating mode (but offers some kind of pseudo-polyphony)

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:02 pm

The Preen module looks like a killer machine, I might have to get one myself.
Regarding the DX200, there is a plug-in editor for Renoise that supports the synth:
http://www.renoise.com/tools/guru

I'll be picking up the DX200 myself in a few days, can't wait... :-)

sammy123
Gear: Sk50D, MS2kr, DarkStar, Shruthi (3), Anushri, Meeblip, Ambika, 12U Eurorack, PreenFM, Poly61, DSS-1, DW-8k, Kawai K-3, ESQ-1, Maybe a Polaris soon...

Post by sammy123 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:13 pm

The PreenFM is nice. The VST editor makes things easier as well. I might sell mine and build the 2. Although I still can highly recomend the PreenFM. If you are in the U.S. and would like to look into picking one up PM me.

I don't have any experience with Yamaha FM syths, but the PreemFM can load DX7 patches as well.

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:44 pm

The Preen looked cool, but was sold out forever. The Preen2 looks cool, but I'm not sure. No mention of CC control?