Arp Odyssey

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
HALON
Gear: Virus KB
MoPho
MS-2000B
MicroKorg
Lead 2X
UltraNova
Roland Axis, AX-1, AX-1b, AX-7, AX-Synth, Gaia, JX-3P, PG-200, JP-8000, JV-2080

Arp Odyssey

Post by HALON » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:08 am

Just got my Arp Odyssey MKIII back from restoration and the transpose seems to be backwards. The switch is a three position: Normal, 2+ Octaves, and 2- Octaves. When on +2 Octaves my range seems in the middle of a normal 61 key synth. When I go to -2 the tones are lower than is to be expected. Basically seeming like the switch is wired backwards. My question is if I should try to re solder it the other direction or any of the wiring differently or is the switch bad? The place I had it serviced at is 4 hours away and I don't want to have to send it back for this. I am good with soldering electronics as I do specialty LED/lighting installs for clubs. I'm just looking for help with what direction to start on this first. I have owned this for a year and the first time it works that I get to hear and play it, I can't go above the middle octaves :( I want to try to fix it tonight if possible before I call the shop tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by HALON on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Re: Arp Odyssey

Post by ninja6485 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:05 am

If you flip the switch up, does it transpose up, and down transposes down, or is it the case that when you flip the switch up, it transposes down?

If the only problem is that you only have access to low sounds, did you check the 4 tuning sliders on the upper left hand side? If they're set too low, you will only get low sounds!
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...