Importing Patches to my Novation A Station with Sysex

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
ChuckFalcon
Gear: Roland Promars MRS-2
Vox Continental
Mellotron M4000D
Roland Juno 60
Moog Theremini
Roland Juno 106
Akai MPC 1000
Band: Chuck Falcon

Importing Patches to my Novation A Station with Sysex

Post by ChuckFalcon » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi everyone! I just recently got a Novation A Station Synth and I am trying to IMPORT patches onto the A Station from my computer.

First off, what I am trying to do is download patches from vintage keyboards like a Juno, Jupiter, Arp, Moog, etc. and make the A Station sound like like one one of those keyboards. Is this possible or am I living in a classic synth dreamworld?

I am using a midi interface that has male midi plugs and one usb plug on the other side. I am also using a Mac and Sysex Librarian.

I have never tried to do this and I am very unfamiliar with this. I read the thread on how to DUMP presets and that seems easy. I can't even get the A Station to show up in the SYSEX librarian or get the mac to notice that its there.

What am I doing wrong? Everyone please forgive my noobness but I could really really use the help

corndogssg
Gear: v synth,little phatty2,jx10,kiwi106 jx305, jv2080x's8,k2600,ion,microQ,blofeld,evolver,tetra,x station,ultra nova,bass station2, jd990,minibrute
Band: sesame street gangsters

Re: Importing Patches to my Novation A Station with Sysex

Post by corndogssg » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:13 pm

you have a juno 106 and a moog little phatty, let them make your juno and moog sounds, heh.