Arturia MicroBrute and Korg Volca Beats

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
thedude90

Arturia MicroBrute and Korg Volca Beats

Post by thedude90 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi there

I am considering buying these two pieces of kit in the near future. I understand that the drum machine can be synced with the Microbrute.

I own a Roland Gaia and would like to know if either the Microbrute or the Korg Volca Beats can be synced with this synth.

How would I monitor the sounds (or noise!!) created, via a audio interface?

Apologies for all the newbie questions!! I have read around the subject and am somewhat confused.

Many thanks for reading.

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Re: Arturia MicroBrute and Korg Volca Beats

Post by Z » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:39 pm

Typically, you want a drum machine or sequencer to provide the master clock for your rig.

The Volca Beats only has MIDI IN and 3.5mm pulse sync in and out.

I would rethink purchasing the Volca Beats and buy a drum machine with MIDI OUT instead to. Use that drum machine as your Master Clock. Since the Gaia does not have MIDI THRU, the MIDI clock signal will not pass through it onto the MicroBrute, so you would also need a MIDI THRU box to split the clock signal from the drum machine to both Gaia and MicoBrute.

Regarding the audio interface, someone else will need to help you with that since I do not use software. You will need to tell us what interface (and maybe software, too). I would guess you're just using a simple stereo (2 channel) audio interface. If that is the case, then you would need to record each instrument separately, buy a line mixer or buy an audio interface with more inputs.
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear

thedude90

Post by thedude90 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Thank you for the reply Z.

I have not yet bought an audio interface.

markraulcollins

Post by markraulcollins » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Hey,

Just a heads up, the Volca series is extremely "moddable". A midi-out can easily be integrated, which would allow the device to transmit a clock.

Look it up!