MICROBRUTE update frozen! SOLVED

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
ravenmek

MICROBRUTE update frozen! SOLVED

Post by ravenmek » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:01 am

I tried to update my new microbrute to the newest firmware, but it froze on 0%. Now my microbrute doesn't work, and I can't find the "tech support" document all the forums talk about... Any ideas?
Last edited by ravenmek on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

loungedumore
Gear: iMac | iPad 2| iPad Air
Beatstep Pro | Mpx8
Volca bass, Keys ,beats
Monotribe | MS20 | SQ1
Minibrute | Midi4+
Graphite 49 | EIE
Band: Death By Media

Re: MICROBRUTE update frozen!

Post by loungedumore » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:07 pm

It's in the connection PDF under trouble shooting .....

" 4.4.2 Update has been interrupted
If something went wrong during the firmware update process (computer crash, unplugged USB cable, zombie attack, etc.), there is still a possibility to restore the instrument:
1. Close the MiniBrute Connection software.
2. Reboot the instrument while pressing down the octave Down and Up buttons: all octave LEDs should be lit.
3. Launch the MiniBrute Connection software: you will be prompted for the automatic firmware update. Just cancel, it won't work.
4. Enter into the Firmware Update view, and run the manual update.
5. Reboot the instrument, then click OK. Your MiniBrute is now fully restored and updated. "

I had to do it more than once before . Also I can't remember but I may of had an issue using a USB hub so if you are you might try direct from computer .

Also this should be in the help section btw
Some wish to leave their mark ... I want to leave a scar .
http://soundcloud.com/death-by-media

ravenmek

Re: MICROBRUTE update frozen!

Post by ravenmek » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:04 am

Loungedumore, I'm sorry about the forum mistake, it was really late here and I wasn't really paying attention, just desperate to make it work!

I don't have that pdf, as it isn't in the zip that has the microbrute connection (it's not there anymore!).

The method you described was half the solution! As I have windows 8.1, it won't work directly, so I had to start compatibility mode for win 8. That way, it started to work again.

Thanks a lot for the data!