Roland TR-606 to Korg SQ-10 / MS-20

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
we_squirm

Roland TR-606 to Korg SQ-10 / MS-20

Post by we_squirm » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:25 am

How would I use a Roland TR-606 to trigger a Korg SQ-10 triggering an MS-20?

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Re: Roland TR-606 to Korg SQ-10 / MS-20

Post by madtheory » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:51 pm

How about you make a general thread about interfacing all of your gear? Your multiple posts about specific combinations are not helping.

You need to go read up on the various clock trigger signals your sequencers and drum machines produce, and you need to understand the difference between a pitch CV and a trigger CV. Because it's not clear that you do. For example, there's a thread where someone explained you needed an S Trig converter. But you don't seem to have responded to that information.

Have you the user manuals for all of these items? These will contain setup diagrams.

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Re: Roland TR-606 to Korg SQ-10 / MS-20

Post by pflosi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:42 pm

Jup that was me with the s-trigger, it's my job on all fora somehow :lol: Use the MS20 ESP to convert the v-triggers from the 606 (or whatever else you want, doesn't need to be triggers, it's a comparator) to s-triggers.

I agree that one unified thread with all your questions would help.