Can't get to those low notes on microkorg (midi)

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
clegg

Can't get to those low notes on microkorg (midi)

Post by clegg » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:05 am

I'm using my Juno 106 as my master controller (until I can afford a Lead 2). I'm using an MPS 2000 to sequence my tracks to other synths.

When I sequence a pattern through the juno to the Microkorg, the lowest note on the Juno is still near the middle of the microkorg, and I can't figure out a way to get to those lower notes on the microkorg.

One way around it is to transpose the notes down an octave using the MPC but it only allows for 12 notes down, which still isn't enough to get to those lower bass sounds.

I know the Juno 106 is far from being ideal as a master controller, but is there a simple solution to this?

(lowering the octave on the microkorg won't do anything either. )

Thanks!

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: Can't get to those low notes on microkorg (midi)

Post by meatballfulton » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:16 pm

The MicroKorg can respond to all 128 possible MIDI notes. So it's not an issue of the MK being unable to play very low notes via MIDI.

The default (no octave shift) range of the MicroKorg keys is notes 48 to 84. You can shift +/- 3 octaves which covers the range of 12-127.

The majority of 5 octave keyboards go from MIDI notes 36 to 96. The Juno manual indicates it can transmit notes from 24 to 108, seven octaves. That requires using the transpose feature to transpose down or up one octave.

Without any transpose, the middle 3 octaves of the Juno keyboard should duplicate the default range of the MK keyboard.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.