Yamaha CS-50 not playing notes

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
ppg_wavecomputer
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: more keys than hands (and feet)
Band: ['ramp]

Re: Yamaha CS-50 not playing notes

Post by ppg_wavecomputer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:43 pm

m_P wrote:Thanks Nooel,

Yeah it was weird, I tested it in a cold place and played on it for about 30 minutes - everything was fine.
I picked it up 2 days later and once I got it home it started going weird.

I then left it on for a day or so and it played almost perfectly.. Then it just started going crazy.

I too think heat might be the issue. It all definitely points towards to KAS board.

I've sent through the schematics to my tech, so he'll see what's going on, but any extra info you might have would be great. Thank you
I had a similar issue with a Farfisa Compact many moons ago. It turned out to be a faulty transistor which would start misbehaving as soon as the temperature around would reach a certain point (in this case when cooling down).
raycastile wrote:I'm in the market for a CS60, and discussions like this scare me. Not enough to dissuade me from pursuing my "dream" synth, but they definitely give me pause.[...]
'Vintage synthesisers like these are not for the faint at heart. But oh so beautiful...

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." Chuck van Zyl

https://doombientmusic.bandcamp.com/

https://ramp1.bandcamp.com/

https://stephenparsick.bandcamp.com/

m_P

Post by m_P » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:03 am

So it turns out it wasn't the YM26600 chip after all - But an IC on the KAS board that was overlooked..
I ended up buying one, so now I have a spare.

If anyone is looking for a Yamaha YM26600 I have one for sale in the UK. Tested and working.

It will be going on eBay but thought I'd post here first.

Cheers

Etche

Post by Etche » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:18 pm

I OWN A YAMAHA SS30 WHICH CONTAINS A CHIP MODEL YM25400 THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACE. IM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THE PART. ANYONE CAN HELP ME???

ApolloBoy
Gear: Korg ARP Odyssey
Korg Minilogue
Korg Monotron
Korg Volca Beats
Roland Jupiter-4
Roland JX-10
Squier P-Bass
Yamaha CS01
Yamaha CS-10

Post by ApolloBoy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Etche wrote:I OWN A YAMAHA SS30 WHICH CONTAINS A CHIP MODEL YM25400 THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACE. IM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING THE PART. ANYONE CAN HELP ME???
It would help a lot if you created a separate thread and didn't use caps lock.
Had: DX7, AX-60, SR-16, Yamaha TQ5, 01/WFD, Juno-106, MG-1, JX-03
Want: OB-6, Prophet 6, Jupiter-6