E-Mu Proteus/1 Orchestral Plus with Logic Pro 9??!!!

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
mindsetmusic

E-Mu Proteus/1 Orchestral Plus with Logic Pro 9??!!!

Post by mindsetmusic » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Hi Guys,

Please someone help me out...

Trying to setup my E-mu Proteus/1 Orchestral Plus so i can use it in the midi piano roll in Logic Pro 9.

I have got two Midi in and out straight into my audio interface as well as two stereo and mono jacks into the audio interface. I have a Virus Ti 2 polar plugged into my mac which acts as a midi keyboard.

Anyone know anything? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

db0451

Re: E-Mu Proteus/1 Orchestral Plus with Logic Pro 9??!!!

Post by db0451 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:50 pm

know anything about what? You told us a bit about what you tried, but not many specifics and not which results it produced or did not produce. What are those?

Bear in mind that the MIDI Out of one device must go into the MIDI In of the other, and vice-versa; do not plug cables into the same-named port on both ends as that will not achieve anything. What are “two stereo and mono jacks”? Each socket is either mono (TS) or stereo (TRS), and you have to use the right ones, and plug them into the right destinations. For each cable coming from the PC/interface, where was it going on the module?

Hopefully you now see why we need more information about where you have gotten to so far.

mindsetmusic

Post by mindsetmusic » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:04 pm

Yeah sorry mate :/

I want to be able to manually "write" into the piano roll in logic using the sound bank from my E-Mu.

i can not integrate my E-mu with logic, i can only record live rather than being able to "pencil-in" midi notes in the piano roll.

The Mono (TS) and Stereo (TRS) are plugged straight into my Audio interface and i can hear the E-mu through my speakers as well as record live into logic. i don't want to record live, i want to be able to us the piano roll to draw in the notes.

Yes i know midi in goes to midi out, vice-versa.

Cheers

db0451

Post by db0451 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Well, in this case, you need to play from the piano-roll, as there is no MIDI to record from the Proteus; the audio induced by the MIDI output must then be monitored/recorded through your speakers/DAW. You cannot “write” sounds from the E-Mu into your DAW’s MIDI track as such: you can only play that MIDI track from your DAW to the E-Mu and then record the resulting audio from the E-Mu to an audio track in your DAW.

Do you mean the notes you draw on the piano-roll are not being played by the E-Mu? If not, then despite cabling, the MIDI generated by your sequencer is not getting into the E-Mu. This could be due to needing to select the right output device, route that MIDI track to the right output channel, set the right receiving channel on the Proteus, etc.

Again, can we get more information, screenshots, and such about what you have tried far regarding these MIDI options? I have never used Logic, but others here will, and it presumably follows a fairly standard pattern anway.