fr xs gate in & mf-102 lfo out not getting along

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
moremagic
Gear: electribe er-1, sp-303, sp-404sx, s612, nuo 2, sl-1200 mk ii, beatstep, eurorack, tb-03, vx-99

fr xs gate in & mf-102 lfo out not getting along

Post by moremagic » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:35 pm

according to the xs manual, it only needs 1.5V input at the gate in to trigger the envelopes. the xs' lfo will trigger when i patch it to gate, even the carrier osc from the moog ring mod will trigger it, from lf or audio rates. but for some reason the ring mod lfo does nothing at all when patched to gate in on the xs. it modulates the filter & vcos just fine, and while i havent checked with a voltmeter, i know the xs is working properly enough that it would take more than 1.5V to make the oscs jump five octaves.
ive tried switching patch cords, wall outlets, & i have no clue what is going on. the rest of the patchpoints between these two work well enough. the xs gate in responds to the lfo from my cp-251 trigerring the envelopes as expected. this is more puzzling than infuriating.
anybody have any tips?