MOTU 16a - No Headphones Input??

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

MOTU 16a - No Headphones Input??

Post by rob_lee » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Ok so tonight I was shopping online for the MOTU 16a and was about to hit the buy button BUT after a closer look at the front panel I thought WTF no headphone input :o Why was this omitted from this unit but not the others? The 16a has a ton of inputs for my needs then I see the missing feature. :roll: Still thinking about getting one though but quite a bummer, anyone else using the MOTU 16a here?

Rob

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: MOTU 16a - No Headphones Input??

Post by Stab Frenzy » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:32 am

The 16a is made for people who want to interface with a bunch of outboard, be it an analogue console or a more modular set of rack gear. If you really need a headphone out then buy a headphone amp or get the Monitor 8 to go with it, or even something cheap like a Mackie Big Knob.

rob_lee
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by rob_lee » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:20 pm

Yeah I loved seeing all them inputs in the back mate then I seen the catch of having to buy another device if I went for this model, all that room on the front for a nice little headphone input too. Will have a think about this now no hurry.
Thanks.

db0451

Post by db0451 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:11 pm

You mean outputs.