Yamaha CS10 Trouble Shooting

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
mikew598

Yamaha CS10 Trouble Shooting

Post by mikew598 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:38 am

Hi,

I am a new to gear slutz and also new to analog synthesizers so bare with me :)

Recently I purchased a Yamaha CS10 and have had no luck getting any signal out of the dam thing. I run Ableton Live and an outdated NI Audio Krontrol interface.

Am I right in assuming it should be as simple as plugging a line jack cable into the output of the synth and into the input on my interface ? This is yet to work and I hope I am missing something

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=yama ... CAcQ_AUoAg

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: Yamaha CS10 Trouble Shooting

Post by Solderman » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:08 am

Obvious first: Trigger switch is set to KBD(single or multi), VCA Attack time isn't maxed out and nothing is connected to the External trigger In jack. Yamaha CS panel switches are a bit flaky after 36 years, and sometimes need some jiggling each time you power up.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Re: Yamaha CS10 Trouble Shooting

Post by Bitexion » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:27 pm

If you haven't used a synth before it could be something as simple as wrong envelope settings. Try set A:0 D:max s:max R:0