Need a Librarian Program for DX7, and more...

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
KX-88

Need a Librarian Program for DX7, and more...

Post by KX-88 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Ever feel left behind? Well I do! I have a nice collection of old Yamaha gear (TX7s, TX802, TX81Zs, FB-01) as well as other synths and modules by Roland and Korg. But I have never used a librarian program. I am tired of cassettes and cords...it is time to leap into the 1990's! :lol:

But trying to find a current editor to run on a modern Mac is a tough challenge. Can anyone help suggest a librarian program(s)that would work for me? (I was told that Opcode's Galaxy did this for most synths but they are long gone, right?) Thank you in advance!!

pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: more than 150 characters...

Re: Need a Librarian Program for DX7, and more...

Post by pflosi » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:22 am

Sysex Librarian: http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

Free, works fine, easy layout. Cannot go wrong with it.

Weirdofromouterspace
Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Post by Weirdofromouterspace » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:23 am

Weird name, but I get along well with it:

http://www.vstforx.de/index.php/disco-n ... ller-s-dx7

I mainly use it for compiling banks - I have yet so see a program that is easier to use :). And it's free as well. It may not be useable for other synths, but since it's free - who cares ;).
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971

KX-88

Post by KX-88 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:21 pm

Thank you very much! I will check out both!

Synthetech

Post by Synthetech » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:21 am

If you can get a Windows PC the very best to use is DX Manager for most the FM synths.

That and there is a very good GUI made with Ctrlr to edit sounds on the TX7 that gives just about every single parameter to tweak in realtime.. great for those fat detuning phases.

I have a half patch memory working TX7
only the even number patches work.. haha

but with DX Manager, I simply pull up a Bank of patches, double click the one I want to play and it's instantly loaded. Easy! Alot easier than messing with that TX7 panel.

There is a mother load of patches for the DX7.. like 12,000 of them or some crazy number... out there for FREE to download.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:57 pm

Yep there are zip files containing hundreds of soundbanks easily searchable in google.
And thousands of individual sounds too. The DX7 was one of the best-selling synths in synth history, and it shows.