Moog Opus 3 Preserve the Sound

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Electroluver
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: MS-20, M-500, Polysix, PAiA 4700, ROL309, C64 MSSIAH, JX8P, K2000J, SY-1010.
Band: DJ NAMELESS

Moog Opus 3 Preserve the Sound

Post by Electroluver » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:32 am

The writer of this blog has helped restore many analog synthesizers. I recently picked up the Opus 3 (working) but had the same issue with black goo on the sliders. I removed as much as possible by removing the control panel and scraping the goo off into plastic bags. The switches and pots are quite protected, but the sliders might get jammed up eventually if not removed. Preserve the Sound
Moog Opus 3
Second Moog Opus 3 I've owner. Can be frustrating if it's not functioning perfect, but the guy has it sitting in a case since 1987, so the circuitry is intact. Going to get some parts from Syntaur as one of the keys has a small chip and missing one slider cap. Both parts are in store and I've dealt with Syntaur in the past. The owner also made a case which is quite heavy.
Overall, I'm excited to have obtained a classic Moog at such a low cost. Sounds decent too with great piano chords, low bass, and textured pads.

syntheticsolutions
Gear: Rhodes 78 Mk2, Jupiter 4, Juno 6, MS-10, CS-15, Opus 3, Machinedrum, RE-501, Roland Rack
Band: Lunar Modular

Re: Moog Opus 3 Preserve the Sound

Post by syntheticsolutions » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:34 am

I love the Opus 3, it is such a unique sounding instrument, especially when the chorus/ensemble is working.

Mine took quite the overhaul however is now fully working. It looks and sounds fantastic.

Congrats on the purchase
Replicants are like any other machine, they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, its not my problem.