Command Station midi sync issues

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Command Station midi sync issues

Postby abesky916 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:13 pm

Hello,
New to this forum not sure if this is the right place for this question.

Just picked up an xl7 command station and I'm trying to sync it with my MPC 1000 and/or Electribe emx-1. I can get it to play the sounds off the mpc/emx but I want to be able to assign the different paterns I have made onto the command station tracks and trigger them from the command station.

Thus far I have gotten the pattern to the command station by recording them into the command station while they play but 2 issue occur:
1. While recording; when the loop starts over the sounds double up and make a loud layering effect...no good.
2. Perhaps more frustrating, when I trigger the loop on the mpc/emx from the command station track buttons they are either missing drum hits (on mpc drum track) or the synth patterns are a little off (emx).

I've tried taking the quantization option off the track. I've tried adjusting the main quantization in the pattern edit menu. Tried new midi cables.

Haven't been able to update the OS yet. I'm running 1.7.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
abesky916

Return to HELP!