Jx8p sysex dump with midi ox help!

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
dayoda

Jx8p sysex dump with midi ox help!

Post by dayoda » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 am

I know this has been posted before, but the info out there has not been able to help me. So i am trying to export my patches from my Jx8p with Midi OX but i can't seem to get it to work. I am just using a cheap midi to usb interface, so that may be my problem. I have set it up as i thought was correct from all i have read on this topic. Midi device is setup in midi ox, and the system exclusive on the synth is on, like i read it should be. But when i press the patches, nothing is sent to Midi ox. It just says waiting for completion, 0 bytes received. What am i doing wrong, is there a step or setting i am missing? any info on the subject would be great help. Thanks!

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Jx8p sysex dump with midi ox help!

Post by meatballfulton » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:00 pm

What is your interface? Do you have any other MIDI devices that send sysex that you can try?

What settings have you made in MIDI-OX? The timing for sysex can be critical in making it work properly.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

dayoda

Post by dayoda » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:40 am

Alright, sorry about the late reply, been busy, got it working though! Turns out i was just being an idiot when it comes to my interface and had it setup wrong. Anyway, for those who care, here is how i got things working for myself.

Setup your interface in Midi Ox
Go View, Sysex
Then Receive Manual Dump
Then Push the Patch you would like to send on your synth
Save it
Then repeat.

I can't seem to get it to preform a dump, so its one at a time. Also in the JX8p, set omni off and system exclusive on.

If someone can tell us how to do a dump that would be great! I would love to try some other peoples patches, but most people upload them as all 32 from a dump, so i cant seem to get them to upload to the synth. Any help there would be great!

max badwan
Gear: T1, XV 5080, ES1, Zaquencer

Post by max badwan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:14 am

dayoda wrote:I can't seem to get it to preform a dump, so its one at a time. Also in the JX8p, set omni off and system exclusive on.

If someone can tell us how to do a dump that would be great! I would love to try some other peoples patches, but most people upload them as all 32 from a dump, so i cant seem to get them to upload to the synth. Any help there would be great!
From memory, it's the COPY button(s) that allow a dump of the internal programmable bank to/from MIDI. It's been a while since I had one, so I could be mistaken.

zaphod betamax

Post by zaphod betamax » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Like you do, but add all the patches together as one sysex.
Receive dump, keep it going.
Press Patch 1, then 2, etc.
after you reach 32 hit save.
That way you have a global sysex
and not patch by patch.

dayoda wrote:Alright, sorry about the late reply, been busy, got it working though! Turns out i was just being an idiot when it comes to my interface and had it setup wrong. Anyway, for those who care, here is how i got things working for myself.

Setup your interface in Midi Ox
Go View, Sysex
Then Receive Manual Dump
Then Push the Patch you would like to send on your synth
Save it
Then repeat.

I can't seem to get it to preform a dump, so its one at a time. Also in the JX8p, set omni off and system exclusive on.