Roland R-70 low output from right main channel?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
the synthman

Roland R-70 low output from right main channel?

Post by the synthman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:15 am

Hi all. So what it is is this. I'm thinking of buying a Roland R-70. But the seller has discovered a problem that is the sound from the main right channel is lower then the left. The Individual outs and the headphone are fine. The seller had done a factory reset? prior to finding the problem. I'm wondering could this be down to a dirty socket or volume slider, the seller states that he hasn't used it for sometime. Could this be an easy fix with some contact cleaner or a loose wire/connector. Or is it likely to be a job for a tech that will cost me ? Bottom line is; Is it worth taking a chance on it?

Thanks

SQLGuy

Re: Roland R-70 low output from right main channel?

Post by SQLGuy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:03 pm

If the headphones and main outs use different volume controls, then it could be a dirty (or cracked) volume slider. Could also be cracked connections where the jack is soldered to the board. Both of these situations would likely mean that moving the slider, or the jack, around make the problem come and go. If it's not mechanically intermittent, then it's probably an electronic problem that would require a tech to fix.

I wouldn't expect this to be an expensive fix, though, as the details of what works and what doesn't points to something pretty generic, rather than a more complicated problem in the Roland-specific parts of the device.