Procol Harum Outside Church

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
princefan3

Procol Harum Outside Church

Post by princefan3 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi Guys having just learnt how to play Whiter Shade of Pale on the old M1.

Would anyone happen to know what Church they are standing outside in the video of the above song. It's doing my nut in as I can't seem to find an answer on the net..

Sorry mods but I did mention a Korg M1 so hoping it counts as a help topic.. :lol:

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Procol Harum Outside Church

Post by meatballfulton » Wed May 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Link to the video would help :lol:
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Post by commodorejohn » Wed May 27, 2015 8:20 pm

I presume the reference is to the old Scopitone video.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73

princefan3

Post by princefan3 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:33 pm

Sorry guys yes the old video sepia...Cheers guys.

gcoudert
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Roland Fantom X7 with Ultimate Keys expansion, Yamaha TX802, Roland JP-8080, Tascam DP-24SD.

Post by gcoudert » Thu May 28, 2015 8:16 am

There were two promo films for AWSOP:

- This one was shot at Witley Court, Worcestershire, England:

- The second was filmed 'in and around London' and I guess this is the one you are referring to. The façade of the church appears to be covered with broken pieces of flint, which is typical of Hertfordshire. I suspect they wouldn't have gone far out from London so my guess is that the church is question is somewhere near Elstree / Borehamwood, which is close to the TV / film studios of the same name. Upon closer examination, the church looks a bit like St Nicholas church in Elstree, although the clock isn't in the right place. So that may not be the right church but it must be in the vicinity. Sorry I can't be more precise.

GC

princefan3

Post by princefan3 » Fri May 29, 2015 8:34 am

It's a bit of a mystery isn't it....Yes Witley court is correct I want to visit one day but it's a lot better now than then but still a shell.

The church on the other hand still evades me...They had a recording studio called Olympic in Barnes South west London so it could be there abouts and it's a certain type of church design..I looked it up.

I think I've found it and then look at the video again and it's not...the steeple is in the middle of the church and has the same style windows either side, also the entrance to the church is from the steeple...a little grass in the foreground so it possibly a village church....I thought I'd found it...Dorking way but it was too built up...Humm.

Thanks for your input I'm very greatful.

clarrie

Post by clarrie » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:13 pm

St Anne's, Highgate

princefan3

Post by princefan3 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Clarrie.

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

This does look the right one. Is this something you have always known as i could not find out anything on line.

I had been searching the styles of Churches they are a particular type.

very thankful for your reply Clarrie it has ended my quest and a visit will be required for sure.

Kind regards.