setting release time on casio cz1000

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

setting release time on casio cz1000

Postby bowenstidger » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:36 am

This is probably a stupid question but im having a problem with programming release amount/time on my sounds. Im able to get some really crazy sounds with the envelopes but all sounds stop when the keys are released. I feel like i have a pretty good understanding of the pitch and timbre options available to pd synthesis but i havent quit figured out how the amp envelope works. I have spent a few hours programming and haven't figured a way to have relrase on my sounds. Help?
bowenstidger

Re: setting release time on casio cz1000

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:18 am

You just need to set a stage in the amp envelope to "end." Then when you set the ramp time at that stage it will act as your release.

The cool thing about the CZs and their 8 stage envelopes is that since you can set "sustain" and "end" anywhere you want it, you can get all sorts of sounds by setting up envelope values before, in between, and after them. Each of the envelope sections - DCO, DCW, DCA - all work that way.
spacelordmother

Postby bowenstidger » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:57 am

Awesome. I just realized i hadnt been paying attention to where the sustain and end were assigned. Thanks a bunch! Loving this synth.
bowenstidger

Postby pricklyrobot » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:01 pm

If you haven't come across it already, this is a pretty great new CZ Editor: https://coffeeshopped.com/cz-touch
I've been using it on my iPhone 4, interface is a tiny bit cramped (imagine it'd be great on an iPad), but still quicker than programming from my CZ-1000 itself. And it's worth it for the patch randomizer, if nothing else! :headbang:
Arturia MiniBrute -- bits o' Euro -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop
pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Yup, works great! (Though he's right that it is a little cramped on an iPhone screen...)

Also -- not 110% sure if it supports the CZ1000 (but it should as they are the same synth in a different package), but the free CZ101 editor on the Coffeeshopped site is also great for use on your computer. Not as slick graphically, but still works a treat!
spacelordmother

Return to HELP!