A quick question about the Korg Krome...

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Miles Powerhouse

A quick question about the Korg Krome...

Post by Miles Powerhouse » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm getting a Korg Krome soon. A few reviews mentioned using a stylus for the touchscreen. Seeing as the sequencer is kinda small and my hands aren't the most stable, I'm going to get one. Is there any specific stylus I need to get for it's touchscreen or will any good-quality, universal stylus for a tablet work?
Last edited by Miles Powerhouse on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Broadwave
Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, MODX6, ARP Odyssey, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, oh... and some guitars.

Re: A quick question about the Korg Krome...

Post by Broadwave » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:04 am

I often use a stylus on my Kronos' screen... Make sure you get a hard point one (like the old "Palm" or "Handspring" handhelds). Some styluses are designed for capacitive screens and tend to be soft and squishy - don't bother with them as they're no good for the Korg's resistive screen.

These are perfect, nicely balanced and weighted

Miles Powerhouse

Re: A quick question about the Korg Krome...

Post by Miles Powerhouse » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Late reply, but I wanted to thank you for the stylus suggestion. I've been using it with the Krome and it has made things much easier, especially with using the sequencer!