Anyone know the voltage and polarity of a garfield nano doc?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Kidney05
Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Anyone know the voltage and polarity of a garfield nano doc?

Post by Kidney05 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Just got one of these off of ebay to sync with a linndrum. Unfortunately, the seller didn't mention that it doesn't come with a power supply. Does anyone know what the voltage is for the PSU, and if it's center pin negative? Google looks like it gives me 9 volts or 4 volts, center pin negative but it's hard to say who's right.

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Re: Anyone know the voltage and polarity of a garfield nano

Post by Z » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:03 pm

According to this photo I found, it looks to be 4V, but doesn't specify polarity. You might try contacting Dan Garfield. I contacted him a couple of years ago and bought a NOS Modulator from him, but I think his remaining inventory has been purchased in bulk and he doesn't really want much to do with that stuff. It's still worth a shot.
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear

Kidney05
Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Post by Kidney05 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:37 am

Thanks Z! Do you know his email address still? Any chance you could PM it to me?

Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Post by Z » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:24 am

Unfortunately, my computer crashed Dec. 2013 and I lost everything from 2011-to Dec. 2013.

I found his phone number on a resume he had posted online somewhere and called him - or it might have been his email address - I've slept since then :)
youtube.com/zibbybone facebook.com/ZsFlippinGear