Hammond S6 mods?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Europanaut

Hammond S6 mods?

Post by Europanaut » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:14 pm

With how abundant and cheap these little tube synths are, I'm surprised that nobody has experimented with modifications. ADSR, filter, etc.

Has anyone here messed around with one?

meatballfulton
Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: Hammond S6 mods?

Post by meatballfulton » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:53 pm

Synth???? The S6 is a chord organ :? OK, it is electronic rather than reed based like most chord organs.

Are you referring to the claim that the "solo voice" circuits are based on the Solovox?
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Europanaut

Post by Europanaut » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:41 pm

Wow.

So anyway, I'll post any info I find on interesting S6 mods.

cornutt
Gear: 6th

Post by cornutt » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:43 pm

Have to admit I had never heard of the Hammond S6 before I saw this post. I'm curious about how that chord matrix works. I wonder if it would be possible to MIDIfy it.
Switches, knobs, buttons, LEDs, LCD screens, monitors, keys, mice, jacks, sockets. Now two joysticks!

Europanaut

Post by Europanaut » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:31 am

Our S6 gets a lot of use. Not the chord buttons, but the keyboard sounds. It's warm, charming, and interesting. It has a limited range of tone and envelope variations, but what is available is very nice, and quite useful. Quite unlike any other instruments that we have here at the studio.