Any way to disable Slim Phatty's arpeggiator ?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
clegg

Any way to disable Slim Phatty's arpeggiator ?

Post by clegg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:55 pm

My synths are all controlled by my MPC2000xl (which is used as the master clock). I'm trying to use my microkorg's arpeggiator rather that of the SP.
It works, but the problem is that when I use the MKs arpeggiator and sends notes to the SP, for some reason it auomatically starts the SP's internal arp (so I basically have 2 arpeggiators running) and it sounds all messed up.
Im figuring something (mpc or mk) is sending info to the SP to engage the arp. But I don't know what or how to disable it.
Any ideas?

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Any way to disable Slim Phatty's arpeggiator ?

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:29 pm

You turn off the Phatty arpeggiator in one of the patch menus (check the manual). It's settable per patch.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

clegg

Re: Any way to disable Slim Phatty's arpeggiator ?

Post by clegg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:54 pm

meatballfulton wrote:You turn off the Phatty arpeggiator in one of the patch menus (check the manual). It's settable per patch.

Thanks. I just read that. Kinda sucks when looking for a patch while the arp is running but it's good enough.

also found this:

ARPEGGIATOR ENABLE Enables/disables the Arpeggiator 113 0 (OFF), 64 (ON)
ARP RUN/STOP Starts and stops the Arpeggiator 90 0 (OFF), 64 (ON)

on the SP manual so I'll see if I can turn those off from the MPC. (cc routing is still very new to me)