Gem ws 400 - i can't figure this beast out...

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Gem ws 400 - i can't figure this beast out...

Postby Heiwan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 am

Hey everyone!
So basicaly i got a gem ws 400 for a very attractive price, this synth looked very good, many functions and i heard it's overall a good synth, but when it arrived at my home i realized it's a very complicated device, i have soo much options i dont even know where to start... I just want it to sound like a grand piano :D . i figured out i can set the diffrent parts of the synth to a instrument, so i set them all to grand piano, but it just dosent sound right...I looked trough some options and there are things like frequency, low and high bass, effects and much more, i dont know what to do with these options...
So i am completely lost, every section looks alien to me :D . If anyone here has some expierence with gem products, please help me out here. A step by step setting up would be perfect!
Heiwan

Re: Gem ws 400 - i can't figure this beast out...

Postby madtheory » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:27 pm

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Postby Heiwan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Yea, i allready found that, but i am completely new to this stuff and the manual uses terms alien to me.
The thing is - i could find where to change the settings, but i have no clue which to change and how much
Heiwan

Postby madtheory » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:37 pm

OK. What terms are alien to you?
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Postby gerben » Tue May 22, 2018 8:53 pm

I am having the same question. Did you ever figure out what is the best setting for a plain piano sound?
gerben

Return to HELP!