Ensoniq ESQ1 Battery Replacement

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Ensoniq ESQ1 Battery Replacement

Postby Matthewdeargameaudio » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi

So the time has come for me to replace the battery in my Ensoniq ESQ1. I've done some thorough research and am clear on what battery I need and how to replace it.

However, I have to burning issues.

1 - Does anyone know of anywhere I can get a 'BR-2/3AE5SPN' battery in the UK
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... 6-ND/61161

I did have luck through allied electronics, but with shipping and handling costs it will be in excess of $45…

2. This seems to be a relatively simple fix, however my only soldering experience is doing easy maintenance on my electric guitar. Should this task be undertaken by an experienced beginner such as myself or should I hand this over to a professional?

As a side note, does anyone recommend a soldering kit for synth repair? as well as any other equipment that may be necessary (solder sucker?). I dd have a soldering iron, but it was pretty poor, and has been kaput for a good few months now.

Cheers,

Matt
Matthewdeargameaudio

Re: Ensoniq ESQ1 Battery Replacement

Postby Baus » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:46 am

Hi Matt,

I have been looking for that battery too. I am in The Netherlands though. Conrad is one of the bigger suppliers in Europe.... and they don't have it. But... have you seen the double AA battery mod? Instead of replacing it with a lithium battery it's also possible to replace it with those. Exchanging them when those are 'out' is a lot easier then.

Check the video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc32172QGxM

After watching you can decide too if you can do it yourself or not... I suspect you can.

Best wishes,

Robin
The Netherlands
Baus

Return to HELP!