Roland JV-1080 MIDI set up

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
kb9kpm
Gear: Yamaha MOX8, Roland Juno 106, Roland JV1080
Band: the Clique

Roland JV-1080 MIDI set up

Post by kb9kpm » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:27 am

Hey guys, I am starting to learn MIDI and need some help. My main board is a Yamaha MOX8 it has several modes of operation including "Master Mode" in master mode, it will send/receive MIDI control messages and controls how the MOX8 responds to MIDI. My goal is to set up my MOX8 to send program change messages to my Roland JV-1080 synth module on one MIDI channel, and have the JV1080 respond to key on/off commands from another MIDI keyboard controller on another channel. Looking through the manuals it sure looks like this is possible, but I haven't been able to make it work. Putting it another way, can I daisy chain my keyboard controller, MOX8, and JV1080 in a way that when I change songs on my MOX8, it tells the JV1080 what patch to play, and then play that patch through my keyboard controller? This way I could, lets say, have a piano on the MOX8 and a synth pad on the keyboard controller, switch songs on the MOX8 and have a different set of patches to play for the next song. Any help would be great!

JeEA

Re: Roland JV-1080 MIDI set up

Post by JeEA » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:58 pm

I asked a Danish forum and they suggested a midi merger
Thomann sells a Midi Solution Merger for 76 €.

It has 2 input and one output

Hope that helps

Cheers
Jens