Future Retro Revolution Timing

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
hf cycle
Gear: Roland TR909
Roland SH101
Roland SH09
Future Retro Revolution (2x)
E-Mu E6400
Novation X-Station 49
Native Instruments Maschine

Future Retro Revolution Timing

Post by hf cycle » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:16 am

I recorded a SH101 loop yesterday (for the first time in ages) in the following simple set-up:

Future Retro Revolution sequencer triggers the SH101 based on CV/Gate outputs, loop is programmed/sequenced on the FR Revolution, so there is no further external "timing" involved, BPM defined within Revolution.

When importing the recorded loop (actually the recording is about 4 minutes long) into Cubase, the sequence is obviously "too fast" compared to Cubases "internal BPM". I guess i can live with the situation and find workarounds, but i am just interested if anyone else observed similar problems (in other words: if thats common)?

Thanks in advance :)

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Re: Future Retro Revolution Timing

Post by madtheory » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:10 pm

Are you syncing cubase to external MIDI clock?

hf cycle
Gear: Roland TR909
Roland SH101
Roland SH09
Future Retro Revolution (2x)
E-Mu E6400
Novation X-Station 49
Native Instruments Maschine

Post by hf cycle » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:10 pm

That sounds like a plan. To be honest i didnt even think about that option :facepalm: . I was thinking about syncing the FR Revolution to Cubase (and then trigger the rest with the Revolution), but the other way around probably leads to much more groove. Thank you for the quick reply.

It is fun to get back into these things :) . I know ill spend the rainy afternoon sorting out how to sync the gear efficiently up.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:45 pm

You're welcome. It's been literally years since I did this (with a TR-505 and Cubase 3.0 around 1990). I dunno about "more groove". One would hope that once it is synced, what you did on the FR will transfer over unchanged :)

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:41 pm

hf cycle wrote:I was thinking about syncing the FR Revolution to Cubase (and then trigger the rest with the Revolution), but the other way around probably leads to much more groove.
Unless you have an ancient version of Cubase, Cubase must be the clock master, the Revolution the slave.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.