Problem with my juno-106

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
cpt_coconut

Problem with my juno-106

Post by cpt_coconut » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:52 am

Hey guys ! since im on mobile phone without any possibility to use a computer in quite some time i'll simply copy a post i wrote on reddit r/synth which probably got completely ignored. here's the post :

"So i got that juno-106 for recording purposes,i turn it on ,try some presets,mess with the sliders and i think i got a hang of it and then i realized something's wrong ... When i click the keys continuously it feels like i have some sort of a tremolo effect going on . The signal is being killed in equal periods of time. It doesn't happen whenever i hold the keys though. I tried to find a solution in the instruction ,online and wherever possible but couldn't find a damn thing . I don't think it's broken since it really feels like there's some tremolo or some other s**t going on so it must be in the settings . I never get too technical about the stuff i buy so i have no idea what's going on and how to fix it so that's why I'm posting here.
here's how it looks and sounds .
Hope you guys can help me ,i really wanna get it to work and get to work !"

Would be great to here some advice since i really wanna make music with it and i simply can't ...

EDIT:ofc i meant juno-106 ...

dstrength

Re: Problem with my juno-106

Post by dstrength » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:04 pm

You have one voice chip out. Notice that it happens every 6th note is dropped. As you trigger a single key, the CPU rotates the chip being used. One of the 6 is failed / failing.

Lots of threads on chip replacement with new clones like Analog Renaissance, or by stripping the epoxy covering with acetone and re-soldering the pins.

Here's a nice test procedure write-up to help you identify the chip:

http://www.analoguerenaissance.com/JUNOTEST/